Sunday, June 24, 2012

Poppy

Ok, I'm doing it... Here she is. My very first full size Waldorf doll that I'm putting up for sale. Poppy! Eek! Excited about it and nervous at the same time.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Many hours went into making this first doll and I'm so in love with her. Seriously, I'd keep her for myself but I have to cross this at some point, right?
Photobucket
Poppy comes with 2 outfits; this one with cotton shorts and peasant top.
Photobucket

Photobucket
And this one with a cotton dress with wooden buttons and hand knit wool pants. Accessories include the cotton headband (same fabric as the dress and shorts), crocheted wool purse and little knitted shoes (wool, of course).
Photobucket

Photobucket
And then there is this gorgeous quilt my mama made just for Poppy! It's completely cotton, put together by machine and hand quilted. She even made an extra compartment (that comes together with wooden buttons) that Poppy can slip into for bedtime. Sweet!
Photobucket
Her wig is a cap crocheted from mohair. This is my very favorite type of doll wig.
Photobucket
And there she is! I really, really enjoyed making her and already have another head made and am thinking of a new doll. Now, I'm not giving up on my peg people and what-not. But, I will admit that I'm a bit burned out and need to pursue this other creative venture for now. Poppy is read to ship and in my Etsy shop now.

Oh, and let me not forget to draw a winner for the Badger Balm giveaway...

Taryn

Congratulations, Taryn! I've contacted you already.