Monday, September 20, 2010

Right Now...

...I'm up late knitting, trying to decide whether or not sleep is in my near future. The baby is asleep on my lap, having woke up for a midnight nurse. I have four days left to knit for my next craft event (and the first I've done since River has been born) and am feeling ill-prepared.
The current goings-on in my life are taking their toll on my body. I can feel it in the stiffness of my neck and the all around soreness and fatigue. Tomorrow grandma and I will take the girls to the library for story time and maybe a picnic in the park afterwards. My head is telling me "you don't have time for that right now", but I need to be outside and just be with my girls awhile. Lately, I've been seeing the affects of our new life playing out in the girls. It's so hard for me to watch them struggle to work through it all and doubly hard not to be feeling totally present myself. This is what I am striving for. Be here now, for my girls.
River turns eight months this Saturday. She's begun to take her first steps. We're up to about three or four at a time and her confidence is growing. Wow! This just goes by so fast, doesn't it? On one hand I can't wait to see what she'll do next and see who she will become. On the other I wish I could freeze time and let her be my baby forever. These days are fleeting. Three girls growing faster than this mama can keep up with. And trying desperately not to mess it up too bad. So, tomorrow we will go to the library and park.
Breathe in, breathe out and just keep moving.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Keep knitting and breathing and moving and loving those girls. :)

Good luck at your show! (I always feel ill-prepared no matter how much I have done)

Enchantedmama said...

Sometimes "breathing in and breathing out" has to be the first thing on my to do list. I'm glad that you are remembering that. Have fun at the library.

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

I usually do my knitting in the darkest hours too. With little ones its hard to find time otherwise. I hear you on the struggles. My daughter is almost 10 and goes through them. In fact I am smack in the middle of a custody case trying my hardest to make things a little more handleable for her. A nasty place to be and I will be happy when it is over. Good luck freezing time...there are many days when I think that same thought!! Have a wonderful day at the library and park Julie.

:)Lisa

Nicole said...

i love the beautiful knitting creations in you store. hang in there, mama!

Bumpkin Hill said...

You ARE a wonderful Mum. Just take one day at a time, make time for park trips and I'm sending lots of hugs. Hope the craft event goes well. Catherine xx

Post a Comment